Player Development Strategy
Every person involved in soccer in Canada deserves an enjoyable experience with the game, regardless of the role they play, their age, their level of experience or their ability. For young players, an enjoyable experience means that they have access to high-quality programs where they can have fun with their friends, learn new skills and play the game in an appropriate format. Clubs play an important role in this, as they are the primary providers of the soccer programs where young players experience the game in Canada.
By taking a structured, long-term approach to player development – based around the principles of Long-Term Player Development (LTPD) – our young players will develop the foundation of fundamental skills required to succeed at whatever level of the game they aspire to reach.
Player Development Strategy Goals
Canada Soccer incorporates the best principles of player development from around the world. The underlying aim of Player Development is to provide the best environment possible to as many young players as possible for as long as possible.
- GOAL 1 Produce better players across Canada by increasing opportunity and access to better training and competition for more young players.
- GOAL 2 Produce clear training guidelines for clubs so that they can deliver the best possible environment for young players in their region.
- GOAL 3 Keep more young players involved in the game for longer by providing them with an enjoyable experience with the game.
Player Development Strategy Principles
- Contact time with a ball will be high
- Training will resemble the game
- Training will be fun for everyone
- Training will be accessible
- All players and parents will receive meaningful feedback from coaches
Player Development Strategy Structure
Bedford Soccer Association is continuing with the same structure as last year. There will be a pool of players for U8, U9, U10 and U11. As our kids move into the U12 Program, there will be a selection process that separates kids into teams based on their development at that time.
**Scores and standings are not kept within the U9-U12 Soccer NS League.
U9 Born January 1, 2010 to December 31, 2010
U10 Born January 1, 2009 to December 31, 2009
U11 Born January 1, 2008 to December 31, 2008
U12 Born January 1, 2007 to December 31, 2007
*U12 Players - Please familiarize yourself with the Player Placement Policy
U9 to U12 All Teams **
- Practice: 2/week
- Games: 1/week in the NS Soccer League
- Fees: $460.00 tryout fees and uniform use included
- ** U12A teams (formerly known as Prospects) - players are selected by technical staff to participate on this roster, they receive 3 hours of turf training per week with a C Licensed Coach and attend an ID weekend session - this program has an extra tier cost of 165.00 and once team selection is completed this will be collected.