Use of Social Media
The Bedford Titans Soccer ("the club"), recognizes that social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr have become important and influential communication channels for our community and our club. To assist in posting content and managing these sites, the Bedford Titans Soccer Club has developed policies and guidelines for official and personal use of social media. These policies and guidelines apply to the Bedford Titans Soccer Club executive, coaches, managers, assistants and membership, and can be used in connection with social media accounts associated with schools, business, programs and academies.
If you have any doubt about posting content on these social media sites, please consult the Club Manager. Due to the evolving nature of social media, the policies and guidelines are subject to revision by the club's Executive. We also welcome feedback from the club membership.
- The purpose of using these communication channels on behalf of the Bedford Titans Soccer Club is to support the club's mission, goals, programs, and sanctioned efforts, including club news, information, content and objectives.
- Prior to engaging in any form of social media involving the Bedford Titans Soccer Club, you must receive permission from the executive member, or coach, or manager, or parent, and notify the Marketing and Communications Director.
- When using an officially recognized social media channel, assume at all times that you are representing the Bedford Titans Soccer Club.
- Confidential or proprietary club information or similar information of third parties, who have shared such information with you on behalf of the Bedford Titans Soccer Club, should not be shared publicly on these social media channels.
- Bedfordtitams.com, as well as the Bedford Titans Soccer Club's main social media accounts may choose to post club related social media content generated by executive, coaching staff and/or players/parents. The Bedford Titans Soccer Club's main social media accounts can be accessed through the club's Web site, and include:
Facebook,.https://www.facebook.com/BedfordTitans - Twitter, TBA
- Exercise discretion, thoughtfulness and respect for your peers, executive members, fans, opponents, coaching staff and the club's supporters/community (social media fans).
- Avoid discussing or speculating on internal team or club policies or operations.
- A healthy dialog with constructive criticism can be useful but refrain from engaging in dialogue that could disparage peers, executive members, fans, opponents, coaching staff and the club's supporters/community (social media fans).
- Please refrain from reporting, speculating, discussing or giving any opinions on the Bedford Titans Soccer Club's topics or personalities that could be considered sensitive, confidential or disparaging.
- The Bedford Titans Soccer Club's logos and/or visual identity cannot be used for personal social media without the club's Manager or Board of Executive’s permission.
- Your personal social media account is not an appropriate place to distribute club News. If you have club information and news that you would like to announce to the public or media, please contact the Club Manager.
- The Bedford Titans Soccer Club does not monitor personal websites but will address issues that violate established Club Policies, Editorial, Graphic and Social Media guidelines.
- The Bedford Titans Soccer Club encourages players, executive members, fans, opponents, coaching staff and the club's supporters/community (social media fans) to use social media but reminds users that at any time they can be perceived as a spokesperson of the Bedford Titans Soccer Club.