• Must be registered with BSA at LEAST 24 HOURS in advance to participate in the evaluation sessions. NO REGISTRATIONS AT THE DOOR WILL BE PERMITTED.
• Must attend at least one of the sessions to be considered for the competitive teams (U13-U21 A, U9-U12 A & B). If a player is not able to attend any of the sessions, they should contact the Technical Lead to explore the possibility of arranging a make-up session.
• Must display their assigned number at all times during the placement process.
• Any player not placed on an “A” or “B” team in the U12 will be automatically placed on a “C” team for recreational play.
• Any player not placed on an “A” team in the U13-U17 divisions will be automatically placed on a “B” team for recreational play. Please note there is no “B” level for U21 soccer.
• BSA reserves the right to not field a team in a division if registration in that division is low.
• Players who wish to play at the recreational level need not attend the evaluation sessions but are encouraged to do so.
• After the initial evaluation phase, players and teams may be asked to undergo an extended evaluation phase (due to player parity, etc.) to finalize the team roster. If a player is shortlisted for this extended phase, the player/family will be contacted by the Technical Lead to explain the process.
Coaches / Evaluators:
• All potential coaches from the age level are encouraged to be in attendance and will carry only 1 vote with final vote to be given to boys/ girls lead or Technical director in absence.
• A Technical Lead shall be attend all evaluation sessions and oversee the player placement process.
• At least two independent evaluators shall be assigned.
• Three evaluators (Technical Lead and two independent evaluators) shall assess each player on a combination of evaluation criteria.
• Optimal team size will be determined by the technical committee once registered players are confirmed.
• The evaluation team shall meet following the evaluation phase to finalize the team roster through a guided discussion lead by the Technical Lead. Evaluators will use the scores generated during the evaluation sessions as the initial indicator.
• Team lists will be posted on the club web site within 48 hours of the conclusion of the evaluation phase.
• The Technical Lead shall exercise final say on all team rosters.
• BSA reserves the right to alter team lists up to the SNS and league deadlines.